Husqarvarna 350 help? Trottle Rod aint attached to trigger anymore.. How do i take apart handle?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nojo

Dec 22, 2009
Western/cent Mass
So I was felling some deadwood today. I was making a stupid cut and the damn saw got stuck. I gave it a pull and must have pulled the trottle rod out of the handle somehow and it got stuck between the handle and the case of the saw. I got it back in the hole, but it aint attached to the trigger side and does not return the throttle closed.

Yikes I hope that isn't one with newer plastic one piece uni-body construction saws. If not did you try and see if you can't thread that linkage back to the carb? Can you unscrew the handle to get a better look see? Maybe we can figure it out if you post some pictures?

Its linked to the carb. Just not the trigger. The throttle rod has this plastic piece on the trigger end. It was between the handle and saw till I popped it back in the hole on the handle. Now it can be pushed in by the trigger but does not return. Is there a spring on the carb side thats supposed to close the throttle and push the rod up against the trigger?

11001818258-IMG_3400.JPG-Windows-Picture-and-Fax-Viewer.jpg

1100181861-IMG_3401.JPG-Windows-Picture-and-Fax-Viewer.jpg

11001818639-IMG_3403.JPG-Windows-Picture-and-Fax-Viewer.jpg

Its my brothers saw. I'd like to return it to him without having to buy him one. :)

I've never been in the trigger assembly before but yeah...sounds reasonable that there's a spring that's disconnected. Also some linkage to the throttle lock as well.

imo that's one of the better older saws that shops can work on easily. If you didn't want to take it apart yourself you could bring it to a dealer this morning. Maybe they could fix that while you wait...if they weren't busy.

But I'm sure someone here may know exactly how to fix it too...all you have to do is wait. Good pics btw.

Savage,
Some guys on the Arbarist site think I can fix it easily after I pull the cover. Thanks for your help man!

Nojo,

Check the shock mounts, if they are torn the casecan be missaligned whihc will cause throttle problems. You need a special wrench to install new mounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.