Husqvarna chainsaw running sluggish ("bogging?")

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fuel related issue?

• fuel related

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • something else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigger is better to an extent. I'm no expert, but I have just enough experience with various saws over the years to know that you can't replace a dull chain with more power. I'm not saying that is done here, but I do know that a new or (properly) sharpened chain can transform any saw. FWIW.

All that assumes that the saw is running up to spec or course...

Reactions: OldLumberKid
my 445 has been acting up lately. i think the problem is I cleaned it. It used to start first pull every time, and the other day it ran for a little bit, then died and wouldn't start.

I had been playing with the Throttle but dialed it back to where it was before I played around with it. I didn't adjust anything else. It also seems like there is no bar oil getting onto the chain. I have new bar i am going to try (i cleaned and lubed the old bar and sprocket, and there appears to be bar oil coming out of the oiler.

i have had a few issues with this saw, so i am not sure how much time I want to put into it.

Apparently new spark plugs make all the difference.

Probably is the splined tool you link. BUT, could be D, double D or PacMan. Aftermarket carbs tend to be small slotted screwdriver. Pull limiter caps and look at the H-L screws. Search ebay "Husqvarna 445 carb" and look at different screws. And note that a new AM carb is $19. I don't rebuild when that cheap.

i just had the shop replace it, but they didn't adjust to my liking.

That's the one I got. My saw is a 440e model, but I imagine Husqvarna uses the same pattern. It's used for the H and L adjustments. T is a regular slotted head.

cool. i will pick that one up. i was still having some issues when it got hot, but I looked and just found a kink in the fuel line.

I actually got mine from a different dealer, but it was described exactly the same way. You may be able to get it a little cheaper if you don't mind getting it from China and take a little longer.

i was going to get it from the dealer, but they would only sell me the full set of them, which was $60

You don't HAFTA have a carb tool. Working on a trimmer carb this evening and it was a D tool. Couldn't find mine. Out comes dremel with cut off wheel and you have slotted. Helps if you hit middle of screw. WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN" CARB TOOLS. Now, if saw under warranty....

IMG_20160510_172513.jpg

Reactions: Dairyman
Finally got the carb tool, and it was in fact the splined one. I was helping a friend fell some trees yesterday, and about 3" into the first cut, it started bogging down on me again. I fine tuned it, and now it cuts like a champ. I had it buried in a 14" dia black walnut and it just kept cutting!

Reactions: Sprinter
Status
Not open for further replies.