Husqvarna locks up after 15minutes of use

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

IHMan

Oct 21, 2010
CT
I have a Husqvarna I think 353 that locks up after 15 minutes use. I'ts not the brake, I took that off (I know,
I know) The bar sprocket has been greased and the saw works great. Once it locks up I take it apart
free up the chain and it works great until it locks up again. Is my clutch bad?

Is it the right size chain drive tooth wise?

Newer chain on an old worn out drive sprocket? That can get weird sometimes...can even break chains.

Thanks for the input. I have three chains for the saw. can't recall if the saw went bad right after I changed
chains. I'll try a spare and see what happens. While I don't have the grease tool for the tip the sproket moves OK and does
not bind

Upon thinking about it some more, time for a new bar, even though it freely spins by hand, bet it’s bearing is messed up and seizing when it get warm, pick up a Oregon bar and call it a day