HYDROSTAT 3250 PLUS issues/failures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leon

Minister of Fire
I would like to know how many of you have had issues/failures with the 3250 Plus.
The one that was sent with our boiler in a wiring harness failed and if it had not been
for the relief valve the house would have been leveled GGGRGRGRGRGR.

YES it was wired correctly byy the plumber following the boiler builders instructions
and the Hydrostat 3250 Plus manual.

The control was fried and indicated a control unit failure with the triple 8 on the
display and the 5 LED's blinking.

I have to wait until tomorrow to start making phone calls to the boiler builder and

It was with the coal stoker yes, I am without central heat until tomorrow and I will
get a honeywell triple one way or another and a new L4006 controller just on general principals.

Everything was working the way it was supposed too!
Plumber was happy, I was happy, I went commuting to take care of my father
and the wife called me and told me about the steam and the loud bang.
That is whats driving nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I drove right home and shut the boiler off
and killed the fire and unloaded the hopper.

The unit indicated failure with the 888 and the 6 blinking LED's

Plumber is due tomorrow and I will be running to get parts as I cannot be without
heat anymore.

Do you have a heat dump zone? Might be a good thing - a zone that would naturally convect well (could be one of your existing ones), tied to the top of boiler with normally open zone valve, through an aquastat. Would open on a power outage, or if the boiler got too hot.

Hey maple one,

The Dump zone is the house loop and when it fried the boiler went to steam.

I am driving out to Wilkins Coal in Owego in a few minutes to get a new triple aquastat and L4006

Hopefully the 2 year old B+G pump is still OK BUT I have the other one to use if need be.
I probably should get a new wet end for it anyway due to the steam event.

Status
Not open for further replies.