I’ve got them shelving blues...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bfitz3

Feeling the Heat
Jan 6, 2015
Northern Michigan
Got what looked like a good deal at auction... trying to assemble... something is not adding up.

The shelves slide into the supports with the near side of photo aiming down. When into the posts, the shelves are supported vertically, but there is NO support laterally on the shelving unit... it’s as flimsy as a piece of paper on end. Maybe not that bad but not good. I’m feeling like I”m missing something insanely simple. I wondered if perhaps there was a way to attach cross braces or mounting brackets to the wall. Nope!

Anyone know what this style rack is called? I can manage with google after that.

Thanks!

30C80201-4F5F-487C-9B95-CE558FCE7CBF.jpeg DC542224-A36F-4D5C-97DC-324FEE1A550A.jpeg