I am done with THELIN

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rick31797

Hearth Supporter
Feb 16, 2010
Canada
I have had a thelin parlour 3000 for 4 years, its is an 2002 model so i got it used..When i bought it, the motor was going, so i called the company and Jay was there then, sent me a new motor at a good price..but then after less then a year, this motor was going, Jay was retired by then and John was there, he said the motor i got was a first run, they had changed manufacturers ,and had problems with them, so John sent me a replacement, , now this year the board is gone, John is also gone,and i was connected to a very rude lady, telling me i have too go through a dealer for parts..

that is fine except there is no dealers near me, one dealer in a Canada and they 2500 miles away..The second problem is if i order from a dealer in the US the part is 500.00 plus 75.00 shipping plus 13 percent tax at the border.. no thanks, the stove to me is not worth it..The next stove i buy, its going to be new and i am going to have a dealer close by..

I think Thelin has really gone down hill, i dont know who owns them but the person i was talking to should not be answering the phone...

I dont know to much about electronics, but i may try and find a transformer for it if i can.. but i am in no hurry in trying to repair it, i will have no pellet stove this year, i will look for a deal near spring or next fall....and it will not be a thelin.

Sad to hear - Jay was a good guy and the stoves were always highly regarded. I heard another similar story from an industry insider...that the new owners were not handling the customer service in a top-notch fashion. I think they are/were a fabrication company, which is well and good but if they are going to succeed in the hearth biz they need to have a different "front end" to carry on the strong tradition of the brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.