I bought a pellet stove? But now I need a vent kit?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ska

Feb 11, 2018
PNW
So I bought a pellet stove off a family. It needs a new control board and the venting. I want vent kit that’s got black pipes on the inside and silver on the outside (it’ll go through the roof). I tried to google it but I can’t find exactly what I’m looking for. For example, a link to a Lowe’s product popped up that said black but the photo was silver. Am I missing something?

Menard's also has it in black and silver, they carry Selkirk. Make sure you get vent pipe made for pellets stoves in the right diameter.

Menard's also has it in black and silver, they carry Selkirk. Make sure you get vent pipe made for pellets stoves in the right diameter.
Unfortunately we don’t have that store in my area. I wish they did because they seem to have a lot of cool stuff.

I'm pretty sure you could order it and have it shipped to you, I have no idea what shipping would run though. I had to special order mine while in the store as they didn't carry 4" in the store. Each part was in it's own box from Selkirk, maybe they would combine parts to keep shipping down.

Black heat paint as needed
That's what I did
We did that on the shop stove (P68), which runs on "wow" all the time...
No problems.
Just clean the pipe really well, and use a good stove paint..

Dan

So I bought a pellet stove off a family. It needs a new control board and the venting. I want vent kit that’s got black pipes on the inside and silver on the outside (it’ll go through the roof). I tried to google it but I can’t find exactly what I’m looking for. For example, a link to a Lowe’s product popped up that said black but the photo was silver. Am I missing something?

My installers used all silver pipe then painted the interior sections that go to ceiling with hi temp flat black paint. Looks great. That was seven years ago. Just need to make sure pipe is cleaned well to remove any oils left over from production.