I burn corn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tinknocker said:
Scoop said:
tinknocker said:
Anybody heard any more info on I burn corn.com?........is it gone for good?
Its been down about a month now.

aka tinman

I Burn Corn is likely gone for good. The admin lost all his marbles, aka back-up data, in a computer meltdown . Sidecar Flip who burns corn hotter and faster than anyone else I know plans to start another corn buirning site in the near future. He''ll likely chime in on this as well.

do you know that for sure?, did you talk to JA?

That comes from SidecarFlip. Apparently its not possible to rescue the old site and Flip is trying to start a new one.

here: http://www.cornstoveforums.com/

BB since when is north VA as bad as dilbert?

rowerwet said:
BB since when is north VA as bad as dilbert?

Last year we were up to our ears in mud for months and months. That was when I changed that and then forgot about it.

I just went on IBC and clicked on the forum and a new message came up saying that it has not gone away for good that JA is working on it and it will be working. :)

tsmith said:
I just went on IBC and clicked on the forum and a new message came up saying that it has not gone away for good that JA is working on it and it will be working. :)

That's new. I've been checking, he must have just put that up. That's good news. Hopefully, everything was saved.

One thing I know is I've got to post more here, "Burning Chunk" doesn't sound like a good thing to be.

Doesn't look as if anything was lost, I still have all my PM's that I had saved

tsmith said:
Doesn't look as if anything was lost, I still have all my PM's that I had saved

That's GREAT news!!!! Glad to hear IBC has been saved. The data on that site is quite valuable to many stove owners!! Maybe us "Refugees" can sleep a little better. :) A big thanks to this forum for the welcome!!!

AR

Fantastic news, although the hospitality of the folks here has been great - and appreciated - and will keep me coming here as well from now on.

I have now moved this post to the fuel prices forum. Sorry.
Corny

Didn't realize they merged threads....., no option to delete posting's, mod's please add

Now that IBC is back up, I sure hope you guys and gals can pop in every once in a while to say hello. It was nice having you here.

Our welcome mat is always out for you. :)

j-takeman said:
Now that IBC is back up, I sure hope you guys and gals can pop in every once in a while to say hello. It was nice having you here.

Our welcome mat is always out for you. :)

You bet, J-T, and thanks for the warm hospitality. Looks like you're doing a fanastic job, here, and have established an excellent community.

The offer is reciprocal.

Corny

Status
Not open for further replies.