I can't believe I did it

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HDRock

Minister of Fire
Oct 25, 2012
Grand Blanc, Mi
I put the lime in the coconut, and it wouldn't start up;lol
The fluids on the little Echo are AS$ backwards , yes I put oil in the gas tank , gas in the oil.;em
Straightened it out and got it running though :oops:

Reactions: ScotO
Not cool, but glad you got it straight

Ya, I've done that. The two tanks are opposite positions on my two saws. No harm, all's well.

Reactions: Pallet Pete
<> been there and done that too!

Reactions: HDRock
If you saw long enough, you'll get around to doing it all--fluids in wrong tank, chain on backwards, crushed saw, pinched bar, among other goofs. Just check them off the list as you go.

I've done all of the above, except I'm waiting to squish a saw with a monster tree trunk or have a tractor run over it. I got the bar oil in the fuel tank on the second day of having my new saw:

I did that, works good to clean out the oil tank ;)
I ran it till it quit, :confused:

Little 14 craftsman bailed me out, was able to finish up with it.

Next day it started hard, but ran well, little smoky at first though LOL :)

IT only took about 15 min to straighten it out and get it running, rinsed the oil out of the gas tank, put in fresh gas , smoked a little but, limbed the tree with it.
Ya , put a chain on backwards but noticed it right after

I've come close to doing that but stopped just in time. I have put the chain on backwards....

Do that with a Stihl. <> Those purge primers on the carb are a big help in getting going again. And purge primers are rare on the Stihls. o_O

FWIW: I did that with an Echo top handle saw when I was a teen. Tried filling it up in the dark.

Did that once but caught it before start up. Did my first backwards chain yesterday - " I just sharpened this thing...what the heck??? " ;lol

haven't done that yet, but give me time.

Not with a saw, but in my haste I changed the oil in wife's Jimmy and poured motor oil into the power steering pump. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.