I need advise on my recent Mt. Vernon AE insert installation.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kindle:

We love our Mt. Vernon insert.

Is the oak and the vent installed in a masonry flue ? What's the diameter of the oak tubing and the the vent pipe?

What settings are you using on the programmable thermostat?

Thanks for the reply to my post.

Hello Rowdy. The OAK and vent are not installed in a masonary flue. We have 4 inch pipe.

I have been playing around with the thermostat, but typically run it in manual mode with +2 flame height. Depending on the outside temperature, I set the heat output on medium, medium high, or high. I have the thermostat programmed to 64 degrees when we are not home and 74 degrees when we are home. Heat output is on medium low overnight and when we are not home. When I want heat in a hurry a put the heat output on high and flame height at +3. Like I said, still playing around with things. 36 degrees and windy here today and the house is 73 degrees.

Hello Rowdy. The OAK and vent are not installed in a masonary flue. We have 4 inch pipe.

I have been playing around with the thermostat, but typically run it in manual mode with +2 flame height. Depending on the outside temperature, I set the heat output on medium, medium high, or high. I have the thermostat programmed to 64 degrees when we are not home and 74 degrees when we are home. Heat output is on medium low overnight and when we are not home. When I want heat in a hurry a put the heat output on high and flame height at +3. Like I said, still playing around with things. 36 degrees and windy here today and the house is 73 degrees.

Hi Kindle. Thanks for the reply. I just finished setting the flame height to -5 and the heat input to 3. I'm still dinkin around with the settings also. Sure like the unit so far. It really cranks out the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.