I pulled the trigger last Sunday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and just noticed your icon. You a Boomer Bubblehead? If so, thanks for yours as well and you'd never get my tail in one of those! No Loud Handle for joining the Martin-Baker fan club.
Yep, a bubblehead lurks here! I also enjoyed every minute. Long and hard minutes but something to truly remember, which is more than most of the population today who remember little more than their latest shopping trip.
It really wasn't so bad living in a 'tube'. A few shock treatments and some meds and all is well. hahaha

Ugh Ooh! Little Bogie gal is giving F4 a rough time! Gotta admit it was a good shot. Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day and Hello TJ. How ya been? I have not been here much lately except to pop in and out rather quickly. Been busy working and finishing major projects at home too.

The PC45 also has the trim for the ash lip which we took off loading it up. Just not too fond of the gold nor disco balls. If it was nickel I could live with it. I know I can get chemicals and patina it if I wanted.

Tell ya what. I'll throw in a free horse or a kid to sweeten the deal. Take your pick. Most of you are empty nesters. Ya know you want one or both.;)
Everything is good here, bags. I think I would be doing the patina treatment too. I tried to get the copper dress up kit for my little Sante Fe and the boss said NFW to that idea! 'Yes Dear' should be the first words spoken at the wedding ceremony since those will be the most used words from that day forward.

Reactions: bags
Yep, a bubblehead lurks here! I also enjoyed every minute. Long and hard minutes but something to truly remember, which is more than most of the population today who remember little more than their latest shopping trip.
It really wasn't so bad living in a 'tube'. A few shock treatments and some meds and all is well. hahaha
OK 3 LIG 3PTS!

Oh and just noticed your icon. You a Boomer Bubblehead? If so, thanks for yours as well and you'd never get my tail in one of those! No Loud Handle for joining the Martin-Baker fan club.
Nope, no ejecting from a sub. You just get squashed into this little piece of fish food. We DID have 16 VERY LOUD ejection vehicles, though! :)

Ugh Ooh! Little Bogie gal is giving F4 a rough time! Gotta admit it was a good shot. Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day and Hello TJ. How ya been? I have not been here much lately except to pop in and out rather quickly. Been busy working and finishing major projects at home too.

The PC45 also has the trim for the ash lip which we took off loading it up. Just not too fond of the gold nor disco balls. If it was nickel I could live with it. I know I can get chemicals and patina it if I wanted.

Tell ya what. I'll throw in a free horse or a kid to sweeten the deal. Take your pick. Most of you are empty nesters. Ya know you want one or both.;)

I'm tempted, just to paint it and see how it turns out (not a horse or kid, the trim kit - although really wanted a horse when I was younger). Message me and tell me what you would let it go for - might be out of my range, but maybe not.

LSO review language for a good trap.
Ah, third wire trap is good! Got it. I still can't imagine landing that 'rock' on a rolling deck in the dark! I couldn't pack enough shorts!
My brother was on the Oriskany in the 60's, the same time I was cruising around over there.

My wife has had horses since she was a child. Neat and beautiful animals but they are work and can get very expensive. Neighbors just had an old horse die a year or so ago. Dad always told me to never own anything that eats while you sleep. LOL!

KY is all about its horses. Everyone around me owns one or many.

Taking the day off. Been working long hours and then working more at home. Weather went from 68 and nice yesterday to now 37 and rain. Good day to do a whole lot of nothing and sit and watch the stove burn. Will run a few errands this afternoon and visit Lowe's for thin-set & grout to finish tile work and Harbor Freight for some cheap casters for a cabinet that's going into the garage. Then I can roll it around as needed.

It's good to see fellow veterans here. I prefer helos although I did get to go for a spin in an A-4 once. That was a thrill. Pilot tried to get me to lose my lunch and I almost did several times but wasn't going to give him the satisfaction.

Can't imagine what some of these new birds are capable of.

Hey F4, you still flying at all? I don't care about being off topic on my threads. It's good to do some general BS'ing from time to time. Besides I enjoy hearing about others adventures. More to life than pellet stoves. Although some peoples lives are ruled by their demon stoves with fits. No fun.

Reactions: tjnamtiw
We have a plant in Mt. Sterling, Ky and, you're right, horses everywhere and MONEY EVERYWHERE! I couldn't even afford the fences they have around their property!

My wife has had horses since she was a child. Neat and beautiful animals but they are work and can get very expensive. Neighbors just had an old horse die a year or so ago. Dad always told me to never own anything that eats while you sleep. LOL!

Taking the day off. Been working long hours and then working more at home. Weather went from 68 and nice yesterday to now 37 and rain. Good day to do a whole lot of nothing and sit and watch the stove burn. Will run a few errands this afternoon and visit Lowe's for thin-set & grout to finish tile work and Harbor Freight for some cheap casters for a cabinet that's going into the garage. Then I can roll it around as needed.

It's good to see fellow veterans here. I prefer helos although I did get to go for a spin in an A-4 once. That was a thrill. Pilot tried to get me to lose my lunch and I almost did several times but wasn't going to give him the satisfaction.

Hey F4, you still flying at all? I don't care about being off topic on my threads. It's good to do some general BS'ing from time to time. Besides I enjoy hearing about others adventures. More to life than pellet stoves. Although some peoples lives are ruled by their demon stoves with fits. No fun.
Not a jet and I wasn't in the military but I admire those planes and men tremendously. all you guys, whether on the sea, under the sea or in the air, marching, running tanks, any of it ! But my family got me this flight in an AT-6 x military trainer with aerobatics rated pilot a few years ago.. First he started this thing up and it sounded like my old 390 mustang I used to drag race, rump rump rump rump, a longs ways from a jet ! In the air he let me take the stick for a bit and I did ok I guess cause he didn't take the control away from me in some crisis ( he didn't expect much and all we did is fly straight bank left bank right and a gentle climb then he took it back). When he took it and went into maneuvers with the plane it amazed me that he never touched the throttle except for the first initial increase after he got done with me, and it wasn't anywhere near wide open. Not that it has a ton of power but he climbed the plane and gained all the speed needed by diving first . We did some rolls and other things, a full loop which was awesome. The one that screwed with my head the most was a loop and rolling out on the down side after going over the top and reversing the original direction. But watching the earth turn below me looking straight out the cockpit through the prop was weird. I think a spin would have frigged me up. I don't barf easy but that would scramble my brain. He asked me when we got on the ground if I would do that again. I said in a heart beat it was awesome. I can't imagine a modern fighter jet though, that's nuts..

Not a jet and I wasn't in the military but I admire those planes and men tremendously. all you guys, whether on the sea, under the sea or in the air, marching, running tanks, any of it ! But my family got me this flight in an AT-6 x military trainer with aerobatics rated pilot a few years ago.. First he started this thing up and it sounded like my old 390 mustang I used to drag race, rump rump rump rump, a longs ways from a jet ! In the air he let me take the stick for a bit and I did ok I guess cause he didn't take the control away from me in some crisis ( he didn't expect much and all we did is fly straight bank left bank right and a gentle climb then he took it back). When he took it and went into maneuvers with the plane it amazed me that he never touched the throttle except for the first initial increase after he got done with me, and it wasn't anywhere near wide open. Not that it has a ton of power but he climbed the plane and gained all the speed needed by diving first . We did some rolls and other things, a full loop which was awesome. The one that screwed with my head the most was a loop and rolling out on the down side after going over the top and reversing the original direction. But watching the earth turn below me looking straight out the cockpit through the prop was weird. I think a spin would have frigged me up. I don't barf easy but that would scramble my brain. He asked me when we got on the ground if I would do that again. I said in a heart beat it was awesome. I can't imagine a modern fighter jet though, that's nuts..
There's nothing like the sound of a radial engine! They still turn my head when someone flies one over my house. There's an AT-6 (actually a Navy SNJ) as well as an old twin engine radial job (I think Sky King every time I see it) at a nearby small airport.

corsair1.JPG

There's nothing like the sound of a radial engine! They still turn my head when someone flies one over my house. There's an AT-6 (actually a Navy SNJ) as well as an old twin engine radial job (I think Sky King every time I see it) at a nearby small airport.

View attachment 146315
I like them too, radials and At-6's. When I was a kid we used to go to the Worcester airport and watch the NE Airlines Dc 3's come in and what ever was the next version up that stood up on all threes instead dragging it's tail. Watch them fire up, throwing flames, backfiring, the stuff you will never see today or smell today ( that musty smell of av gas). Up there too a guy owned an AT-6, my dream of flying in one took 45 years to realize.

Last edited:
Reactions: tjnamtiw

View attachment 146315
That looks an awful lot like an F4U.

TJ,
Which company? Mt. Sterling is about a little over an hour from me. Wife has some close friends that live there. I agree some of the horse farms around are unbelievable. Very pretty ones all around Lexington and Paris etc; Mt. Sterling is close to Lexington. I used to live in Lexington. Nice town.

How many of those RC planes do you have? I think I told you about the ones close to here. FYI it's funny flying home to the Greater Cincinnati Airport. Especially when someone whom has never landed here is onboard. They expect to see downtown Cincy for some reason. Maybe the name._g The Cincinnati Airport is in KY.

John,
The Ho, Ho, Hoe ain't gett'in no bling! I might pull it off of the 45.;lol But ya never know. I like keeping it simple and like the all black look myself. Thankfully the wife is not big on jewelry. Glad she doesn't read this..................... No offense ladies! That's just how I tease around. She can take a joke and regularly dishes it out. It's all good. In fact, it's better since she is warm. Witches like fire!
If the trim is the same on a 45 as the 68 I have a spare set of gold trim and one of brushed nickel both new in package for a 45.

TJ,
Which company? Mt. Sterling is about a little over an hour from me. Wife has some close friends that live there. I agree some of the horse farms around are unbelievable. Very pretty ones all around Lexington and Paris etc; Mt. Sterling is close to Lexington. I used to live in Lexington. Nice town.

How many of those RC planes do you have? I think I told you about the ones close to here. FYI it's funny flying home to the Greater Cincinnati Airport. Especially when someone whom has never landed here is onboard. They expect to see downtown Cincy for some reason. Maybe the name._g The Cincinnati Airport is in KY.
It WAS Sonoco Products and then we were bought out by Greif Brothers in Ohio.
I'm converting to all electric. All told, I have the Corsair, a 9' wingspan 1/3 scale Sopwith Pup, plus 6 more slightly smaller ones. Just one of too many hobbies that can't compete with the 'honey do' list hanging on the fridge. :(

Glad to see you found a decent stove ... how much did it set you back and how old? Make sure you give it a good cleaning;)

If you change your mind on the bling, there's a monument place in Utah Dalton's that can custom design the stone inset below the firebox.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/harman-p-series-custom-slate-tile-inserts.105891/

Get it hooked up before it gets colder!!
Sorry, meant to answer you. Picked it up for $1,600 with many extras. Still not hooked up but I will within this week or next. I need to finish some work in the area I am installing it. I have it on my to do list and will clean and run it before the install. Making a temporary panel for under one of my garage doors and will do it in there. It should be installed soon. We are getting weather in the upper 40's and into the 50's with mild lows for the next week and a half so That buys some time.

Had a Yak CJ 6 for a few years.

Big radial engine, fully aerobatic.......fun!

On my second date with my now wife, I couldn't get the landing gear down! Good times!

No horses ATM though maybe again some time. Nothing more relaxing or head-clearing than sitting a horse. (Hope the dog isn't listening!) Nope. Not flying anymore. No real need and no real fun to play with recip which is why I didn't become a bus driver afterwards.

I wasn't in the military but my son served in Iraq and Afghanistan and done us proud !! I gravitated towards private sector business and have had a lot of G.A. planes over the years but not any more. Just Pellet stoves now.

Doug...

BTW Took the wife to see James Taylor last night. Fifth row center. If you ever get the chance GO!!

Notice how the idiots on the news outlets are now calling them "drones?" If brains were gunpowder. . . . .
The FAA has already just passed a ruling that no radio controlled aircraft can be flow closer than 5 miles from any airport. Out here in the boonies, does that mean Farmer Brown's field for his J3 Cub or the little airfield in the next town? Also, none are allowed near major sporting events and Disney properties. I wonder how Disney got their name in there! How do you spell 'contribution'..... bribe.
These idiots flying their drones into airspace to get a great shot of a 747 landing with their Hero camera are going to ruin it for us that abide by the law. Once again, many suffer because of the idiocy of a few. Nothing new there.

Status
Not open for further replies.