I pulled the trigger last Sunday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW Took the wife to see James Taylor last night. Fifth row center. If you ever get the chance GO!!
James Taylor has been one of my favorites for many, many years. Great singer but he's a left-wing looney now. I'll listen to him SING but not TALK. :)

James Taylor has been one of my favorites for many, many years. Great singer but he's a left-wing looney now. I'll listen to him SING but not TALK. :)
He didn't talk that smack at all, just said, kind of on passing, no matter our opinions and politics the only thing that counts is how we treat each other. I can live with that.

Reactions: tjnamtiw
The FAA has already just passed a ruling that no radio controlled aircraft can be flow closer than 5 miles from any airport. Out here in the boonies, does that mean Farmer Brown's field for his J3 Cub or the little airfield in the next town? Also, none are allowed near major sporting events and Disney properties. I wonder how Disney got their name in there! How do you spell 'contribution'..... bribe.
These idiots flying their drones into airspace to get a great shot of a 747 landing with their Hero camera are going to ruin it for us that abide by the law. Once again, many suffer because of the idiocy of a few. Nothing new there.
Roger that. Disney is "special!" I flew a bit of RC. Hate to think one of us is that stupid.

Yeah F4,
I could see it not being very exciting going from an F4 to a Piper Cub......... I saw James Taylor some years back. Definitely a bucket list. Wish I could have seen John Denver before his demise. Lkied Cat Stevens too but he has turned into a ______. Remember all of that stuff as a kid. Nam kid here with a born on date of 1969. Dad was a Jar Head.

Kinda like getting a smaller slower boat. Or going from a big block or twins into paddling a canoe. Doug will get this one. Although I do enjoy dicking around in the kayak now and then. No time for boating nowadays......... Bummer!

Hey TJ,
Maybe get some guns rigged up on your quickest RC plane and give the civilian drone idiots some hell. That might be fun!::-)

Easy now, I got and Fly a DJI Phantom Vision + often. I can tell you that update firmware all the time, mine won't let the motors start too close to an airport since the last update, recently changed to not descend faster than 2 meters per. sec. They are trying to protect the hobby by building in safeguards against idiots. I have my Max altitude programmed at 400' and fly within safe self imposed boundaries all the time. they are great fun.

At the marina late this summer.

Reactions: bags
Same thing ain't it? ;lol

Little late to the game as I was visiting my youngest boy in Thunder Bay.. My husband has said the same thing about himself;lol All of our dogs have been on the larger side... Newfie, German sheppard mix, Rottie, Lab. His comment to the neighbour was "It's a good thing for me that she likes big, dumb animals..."

Last edited:
Little late to the game as I was visiting my youngest boy in Thunder Bay.. My husband has said the same thing about himself;lol All of our dogs have been on the larger side... Newfie, German sheppard mix, Rottie, Lab. His comment to the neighbour was "It's a good thing for me that she likes big, dumb animals..."
Hey! I'm not that dumb and I have my wife's permission to say so!;) Snowing again here. Started out as a trace, then less than an inch, now 1 to 3. We're at 1360 ft. Probably more. Only got 4hrs of rack time last night due to the concert. Baby-girl wandered around a bit and went back to bed. Dog, cats, stove and I are watching the white stuff. Well actually they're snoozing. Pretty. Quiet. Looks like a snow globe. Now for the hard decision - herbal tea or Cab? What to do? What to do?

Hey! I'm not that dumb and I have my wife's permission to say so!;) Snowing again here. Started out as a trace, then less than an inch, now 1 to 3. We're at 1360 ft. Probably more. Only got 4hrs of rack time last night due to the concert. Baby-girl wandered around a bit and went back to bed. Dog, cats, stove and I are watching the white stuff. Well actually they're snoozing. Pretty. Quiet. Looks like a snow globe. Now for the hard decision - herbal tea or Cab? What to do? What to do?

Hubby doesn't qualify for the dumb part either ... just likes to throw that out there! 19F here but windchill brings it down to 7F ... up from the low of 4F this morning ... has to warm up to snow. The critters around here are in the same snooze mode though... My girl (GSD) and I have to take a wander to check out tracks in the snow as we may have had a wolf cross the ice and come in close.

Hubby doesn't qualify for the dumb part either ... just likes to throw that out there! 19F here but windchill brings it down to 7F ... up from the low of 4F this morning ... has to warm up to snow. The critters around here are in the same snooze mode though... My girl (GSD) and I have to take a wander to check out tracks in the snow as we may have had a wolf cross the ice and come in close.
GSD as well. Guy. Coyotes, Black Bear and Lynx here. Legend has it Mountain Lion and Wolf but never saw one.

Easy now, I got and Fly a DJI Phantom Vision + often. I can tell you that update firmware all the time, mine won't let the motors start too close to an airport since the last update, recently changed to not descend faster than 2 meters per. sec. They are trying to protect the hobby by building in safeguards against idiots. I have my Max altitude programmed at 400' and fly within safe self imposed boundaries all the time. they are great fun.

At the marina late this summer.

Really? Pretty sophisticated!

From a PC45 pellet stove to entertainers to drones to wolves in three pages. That has to be some sort of record.;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.