I skipped church today.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom123

Burning Hunk
Oct 11, 2014
East Granby CT
I took advantage of the mild weather and went out in the woods near me where the utility company has been cleaning up near the power lines that run through. There is a good amount of white and red oak on the ground and it has been there for awhile. I grabbed about 1/3 cord of 15" rounds. I quartered them right there. I was able to back the truck right up to the pile and load. 3236a09d27e8b0a61d53ce01076934c7.jpg

I took advantage of the mild weather and went out in the woods near me where the utility company has been cleaning up near the power lines that run through. There is a good amount of white and red oak on the ground and it has been there for awhile. I grabbed about 1/3 cord of 15" rounds. I quartered them right there. I was able to back the truck right up to the pile and load. View attachment 169240
We have the utility crews coming through here in Wisconsin. Lots of oak and ash. Also boxwood, but that doesn't count.

Reactions: Tom123
I took advantage of the mild weather and went out in the woods near me where the utility company has been cleaning up near the power lines that run through. There is a good amount of white and red oak on the ground and it has been there for awhile. I grabbed about 1/3 cord of 15" rounds. I quartered them right there. I was able to back the truck right up to the pile and load. View attachment 169240

That looks like a nice new chainsaw. I love getting wood just as an excuse to run my saws!

Reactions: Tom123
Status
Not open for further replies.