I thought of splitting a North Idaho Energy Log to see what the moisture content and I found this...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

brazilbl

Burning Hunk
Aug 24, 2017
El Dorado County, CA
Been burning NIELS for the past year or so. Been through 3 pallets so far and they are a joy to work with.

For grins, I'd thought I'd check the MC of one of my logs. Before I did, I looked up what the fountain of information stated the following:

"(6%-7%) - Each energy log is compressed under the intense pressure of 20,000 pounds per square inch with no chemicals or binders. They have an extremely high combustion and low moisture content (6%-7%)resulting in a clean hot fire that is better for you and the environment."

For some reason, I'd thought it would be near 0...

Take away: Get some NIELS and at least you will be burning dry wood...

Been burning NIELS for the past year or so. Been through 3 pallets so far and they are a joy to work with.

For grins, I'd thought I'd check the MC of one of my logs. Before I did, I looked up what the fountain of information stated the following:

"(6%-7%) - Each energy log is compressed under the intense pressure of 20,000 pounds per square inch with no chemicals or binders. They have an extremely high combustion and low moisture content (6%-7%)resulting in a clean hot fire that is better for you and the environment."

Take away: Get some NIELS and at least you will be burning dry wood...
Apparently you have to be an Idaho resident to get these logs.

Screenshot 2022-12-06 at 22-56-22 Dealer Locator Map United States and Canada - North Idaho En...png

What is your burn cycle for using these, how do you start, how many do you burn at a time, how long do they last, etc. ?

If they were, they would probably turn to dust.

NIELS are sold throughout the Northwest and northern Calif. They are also available from at least one seller in Mass.

We can get them here in Washington. So what did your meter read?

They are also available here in central Maine.
Ditto on the question, "What was your MM reading?"