I wasn’t looking for any more wood....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dieselhead

Minister of Fire
Feb 21, 2011
NE
But when it falls in your yard, you don’t have much of a choice. Every bit of 75’ shagbark hickory. I’ll be busy for a few days!

1596759213902.jpeg

Same here. PECO says my power might be back on by midnight tomorrow. With all the trees I’ve had come down and the dying ash I’m set for 7-8 years

Reactions: PA. Woodsman
Yes you'll surely be busy for quite awhile and that is primo fuelwood, sad to see it come down but now you'll give it new life in the stove!

Same here, I have been working on a truckload of logs-just finishing up and low a behold, the top(s) of a large locust tree broke over and will need to come down. It will be a tricky one to cut safely with the limbs still attached somewhat.

Attachments

• 1F6F8BAF-BF03-44D3-8F6A-71FA49628D2D.jpeg
    1F6F8BAF-BF03-44D3-8F6A-71FA49628D2D.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 220
Reactions: Riff
Be careful with those widow makers!

I plan on hooking a cable to the broken branches and trying to pull them down first

What a beautiful pile of future firewood. A gift from God.

I hope you have a gasoline powered splitter, I am pretty good with the maul but I gave up on hickory a while back, too difficult to split.

Aahhh. Good ol Isaias. Trees down everywhere

Around here, we already had more than enough wood from earlier storms. We had 75mph Derecho winds in June, so Isaisas' 45mph gusts didn't sound so scary, but the waterlogged soil meant uprooted trees everywhere. As of today, 6 days later, PECO still has not restored power to some "remote" customers. I'm going to be a 24/7 burner this season, just to make room for the damaged trees that will need to be taken down this Winter.

TE

I wasn’t looking for more wood either then the power company came down our road today brushing the lines. Now I have birch, soft maple and poplar if I want it. Not the greatest firewoods but it’s so close and free for the taking. I’ll see...

Same here, I have been working on a truckload of logs-just finishing up and low a behold, the top(s) of a large locust tree broke over and will need to come down. It will be a tricky one to cut safely with the limbs still attached somewhat.
WTH? Your land there looks to be completely vertical!