ICC Excel metal roof flashing for 6" duraplus

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bkoltai9

Nov 23, 2014
Oxford, MS
Hi everyone,

I'm purchasing parts for 6" duraplus chimney and I've read that the best flashing for my metal roof is from ICC Excel.

I was preparing to purchase part 6EMFA (for 6" chimney) which shows a hole diameter of 8.375", which I assume matches the OD of their chimney.

Should I be using part 8EMFA (for 8" chimney) to match the OD of 6" duraplus that I think is 10.375"?

Thanks for your help!

Hi everyone,

I'm purchasing parts for 6" duraplus chimney and I've read that the best flashing for my metal roof is from ICC Excel.

I was preparing to purchase part 6EMFA (for 6" chimney) which shows a hole diameter of 8.375", which I assume matches the OD of their chimney.

Should I be using part 8EMFA (for 8" chimney) to match the OD of 6" duraplus that I think is 10.375"?

Thanks for your help!
Don't get duraplus. Spend the little extra and get insulated doublewall stuff. It is far better

Reactions: webby3650
+1 go with DuraTech instead

I intended to use duratech, but I purchased a duraplus transition anchor plate 5 years ago and now it's installed. Unfortunately I'm committed at this point.

I intended to use duratech, but I purchased a duraplus transition anchor plate 5 years ago and now it's installed. Unfortunately I'm committed at this point.
If your stuck with duraplus, then just get the flashing for an 8” chimney, you can trim it a little if needed. Just be certain you still have the proper clearance to the roof deck.