ID of odd part with Morso 2B Standard 2020

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

newmoonpress

Mar 9, 2022
Harrisburg, PA
Can anyone tell me what this part is used for? It came with my new Morso 2B Standard 2020.
Thanks,
--RF
IMG_0003.JPG

I thought that was something like an ash pan tool.

Shaker grates?? I really appreciate both responses. The stove doesn't have an ash tray, it's totally lined with fire bricks. So, I'm going to go with the second entry for now. The piece is quite stout and has a pin on one end that's split longitudinally. I had to order the stove from a fancy outfit who in turn ordered it from an importer in New England. (I'm in PA). They don't keep Morsos on hand or know much about them. It would fit that the wrong piece was included. That would make up for failing to include the little adapter that allows you to fasten the Bakelite knob to the handle. Thanks again.

Shaker grates?? I really appreciate both responses. The stove doesn't have an ash tray, it's totally lined with fire bricks. So, I'm going to go with the second entry for now. The piece is quite stout and has a pin on one end that's split longitudinally. I had to order the stove from a fancy outfit who in turn ordered it from an importer in New England. (I'm in PA). They don't keep Morsos on hand or know much about them. It would fit that the wrong piece was included. That would make up for failing to include the little adapter that allows you to fasten the Bakelite knob to the handle. Thanks again.
The 2b Classic has a bottom chamber that holds an ash pan separated by a small round grate towards the front of the stove. The handle you have with the perpendicular roll pin hooks into a rod coming out of the front of a Morso equipped with shaker grates.

Yes, you should have an extra door "handle" that is meant to come off easily. The black bakelite handle is supposed to screw on and stay on. The idea being that only the person with the "removable handle" can open the door preventing children, etc. from opening the door. I tried this for a few days and went back to the bakelite.

Thanks to both begreen and SpaceBus for clarifying this for me. Have had a few box stoves, a Morso Standard from 1970s and now this new one. None had ash trays/shaker grates so no experience in that direction. Since my new 2B Standard lacks an ash tray/grate as well it seems that I have a tool that I don't need...

I knew there was a reference to the ashpan but I had to dig way back to find the earlier discussion on this.

I knew there was a reference to the ashpan but I had to dig way back to find the earlier discussion on this.
I can't find a single picture online of the rod which it hooks into. If there is good light tomorrow I'll try and get a good picture of it on my stove. Most of the good manufacturer photos actually don't have the rod installed, just an empty hole where it goes, which is weird. I had to ask my dealer what the tool was for.