That Morso tool that came with the stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

babalu87

Nov 23, 2005
middleborough, ma.
I figured out another use for it besides sliding the ash pans out............... you can carry them HOT to the ash bucket.

NOTE:
See that little hole in my palm, thats where I got that frozen bark stuck!

Attachments

• Morso handle.jpg
    Morso handle.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 762
When I first got my morso I was lost as to what the hell that thing was. I also use it to carry the asj tray around, but surely it has another proper use.

Same way you do it with the Jotl "Stove Tool".

babalu87 said:
I figured out another use for it besides sliding the ash pans out............... you can carry them HOT to the ash bucket.
What took ya so long to figure that out?!?! :)

precaud said:
babalu87 said:
What took ya so long to figure that out?!?! :)

Welding gloves :)
I used it to pull them out to grab with the gloves , then lite shone bright on marblehead ;)

What is the roll pin on the other side for??????????
How about the hole, with it being countersunk I am thinking maybe for some type of alignment????

Funny thing is if the gloves werent worn out from moving/adjusting wood in the stove I would still be using the gloves. I have a NEW pair but those are for next season, plus they are such a pretty shade of blue.

babalu87 said:
What is the roll pin on the other side for??????????
I use it to pull the hot pan out far enough to get the other end under the ash pan lip.

How about the hole, with it being countersunk I am thinking maybe for some type of alignment????
Dunno, just a hanger hole, I thought. I think they supply this same tool with several models. Mine was missing, so they stole one from a damaged 3410...

Funny thing is if the gloves werent worn out from moving/adjusting wood in the stove I would still be using the gloves.

That's what the poker is for ! :)

There has to be some reason for that roll pin, I can get the ash pan with the end as shown in the picture. Somebody has to have figured what that end is all about????? Maybe to put door pins back in? Slide the roll pin in to help with alignment?

How about the oven mitt they gave you? WTF are you supposed to do with that move the kettle around on the stove top?

I like the little bag though, maybe the wife can use it as a purse and start a new fashion trend.
Oooooh, what kind of purse is that?
Oh you havent heard about that Danish designer Morso........

You should see some of the pieces I put in that BIG ASS DOOR on my Morso.
I almost took a picture this morning, it was all I could do to get this mongrel in the stove, you aint doing that with a poker or tongs. When the wife saw I got that piece in the stove this morning she said, well I wont have to add much wood today ;)

I did not get any such tool with my stove.

Kevin said:

1 877 337 8414
Morso Northeast distributor

Call that number , while you have him on the line ask him what that pin is all about ;)

Kevin said:
Perhaps because your ashpan isn't inside the stove body? Just a guess.

Baba, maybe the pin is a spare for the door opener stop?

Ah I see.....

I was looking at the 3600 today and it comes with a screen so you can open the doors and basically use it like a fireplace. Wouldn't ya think you could over-fire the stove with both doors open?

Status
Not open for further replies.