Ideal Steel Hybrid Air Setting.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JA600L

Minister of Fire
Nov 30, 2013
Lancaster Pennsylvania
Hey guys,
I was curious where you have had success setting the air for an overnight burn? I have been leaving it at the 4-5 line on the indicator.
Is anybody taking it lower than that? I wake up with plenty of fuel and a warm house so this seems to work for me.
I have seen the thing really burn hot half way through the night on this setting.

For me it depends on how cold it is outside, as the cooler it is, the hotter the stove burns for me on a particular setting.

I have run mine from 2 to 5 (with 5 being the quarter open mark) depending on temps. I get a more complete burn and a lot more heat at the 5 mark, which is where woodstock suggests to run the stove for a long, clean, hot burn. The quarter mark really is a good setting, and once the flames die out you get a really nice long catalytic burn.

Mine is sitting on 4 right now (loaded the stove at 5:30pm). When I come down at 5 tomorrow morning it will be ash with a few little coals, but the house will be warm. I will rake my ashes (love the ashpan and my homemade ash rake) and relight. Once I get the stove up to temp, I will cut it back to 2 on the scale before I leave for work at 6:30. The house will be plenty warm and I will have lots of coals for a reload.

Status
Not open for further replies.