Igniter bad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reddirtrider

Nov 10, 2009
Colorado
I'm new here so I hope this hasn't been answered before, but I did do a search and didn't find all I needed.

First it's a Lopi. I pulled it out and could only find a serial number - no model mumber. The serial number is 18743.

I tested the voltage to the igniter and it's at 120VAC. I tested the igniter resistance and it is open. I'm assuming the igniter is bad. Does anyone know what the part number is and where I can get one? I also need the gasket to the chiminey, which is square.

I also don't see any easy way to get to the igniter on this stove. Does anyone know the repacement procedure?

Thanks,

Steve

reddirtrider said:
I'm new here so I hope this hasn't been answered before, but I did do a search and didn't find all I needed.

First it's a Lopi. I pulled it out and could only find a serial number - no model mumber. The serial number is 18743.

I tested the voltage to the igniter and it's at 120VAC. I tested the igniter resistance and it is open. I'm assuming the igniter is bad. Does anyone know what the part number is and where I can get one? I also need the gasket to the chiminey, which is square.

I also don't see any easy way to get to the igniter on this stove. Does anyone know the repacement procedure?

Thanks,

Steve

Step 1, get a manual.
Step 2, find a dealer.

You can probably download the owners manual from their website. I'd go to your local dealer, that's where you'll have to buy parts too. The igniters are actually fairly easy to change they're just held in with a set screw.

Shane said:
You can probably download the owners manual from their website. I'd go to your local dealer, that's where you'll have to buy parts too. The igniters are actually fairly easy to change they're just held in with a set screw.
The Lopi website is surprisingly void of any manuals associated with older stoves that I can detect. I've called a local dealer to hunt down the igniter for me. I found a model number - 400PI. The igniter may be only held in with a set screw, but getting accest to it looks like a bear.

Ask the dealer to go to the dealer website and download the manual for you. I don't have my old computer unpacked or I could give it to you. As far as getting to it you might need to drop the auger motor or even remove a combustion fan. Is it an FS or an insert.

reddirtrider said:
.....First it's a Lopi. I pulled it out and could only find a serial number - no model mumber. The serial number is 18743.
Does anyone know what the part number is and where I can get one? I also need the gasket to the chiminey, which is square.

Thanks,

Steve
Steve, first of all, welcome to the forum.

As for your ignitor issue, the only way to get help on this is to get at least the name of the stove (model name). If you have no idea, you could post a picture or two, and maybe a forum member can identify the stove for you. Front view, side view, control board view, etc.

BTW, I have a brand new ignitor, but would need to know what model & year your stove is to be able to tell if it's compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.