Igniter/Hot rod issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Let us know how you make out ;)

So.....that triac was the culprit and the stove is running again. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to help me locate the problem and get it fixed. I wish I could buy you all a drink. Take care everyone!!!

Reactions: Stovensen
:) Sweeeet glad your back up and burning!

Reactions: mlambert40
Congratulations! Now enjoy the heat.
Winter is still around for some months and around here the beginning of february is usually the coldest period.

Reactions: mlambert40
Congratulations! Now enjoy the heat.
Winter is still around for some months and around here the beginning of february is usually the coldest period.
It has been unseasonably warm where I am, but just being down a few days really made me miss (and appreciate) my stove. It will definitly see some more use before the season is over!

Reactions: Stovensen
A suggestion regarding this if you are up for it, you could connect a pilot light in parallel with the igniter circuit so that next time it stays on like that you will know. I would find this disturbing as who knows how long that igniter stayed on until it burnt out.

Reactions: Stovensen and Ssyko
A suggestion regarding this if you are up for it, you could connect a pilot light in parallel with the igniter circuit so that next time it stays on like that you will know. I would find this disturbing as who knows how long that igniter stayed on until it burnt out.
Excellent idea!!!!!! I will be doing so in the next day or so for peace of mind.

My igniter just died finally (in the middle of the night leaving me with a cold house to wake up to) and now have the spare I bought last year to install. Running on hi/low for now. I think I will also install a pilot light for mine so I can see when it is active and also a switch so I can shut it off manually. Lighting the stove with a propane torch is faster than using the igniter anyway, and that way I can save it for when I need only unattended operation.