Ignition , first fire in my new rebuilt Encore

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

I fired up the 1999, Used two seasons, $500 Encore last night. It was easy to get it going but it got going a little too good.
I monitored it and it never went over 600 degrees but suprised me that it got there ( that hot)
I was able to light off the cat as well
This morning when totally cooled down I suspected the ash door gasket leakage. So I figured I would tighten the latch first.
In the receiving end of the gasket channell, I discovered new refactory cement, I reseamed, had oozed into the top corners preventing the matting of the gasket properly. I scraped out the excess and adjusted the door latch for a tighter fitting.
If this does not work I will replace the gasket next. Still tweaking it getting it to where it runs as it should I will post pictures soon

Nice! congrats on the rebuilt encore. sounds like it will treat you well.

Great! I still haven't fire mine up yet after the rebuild. Yesterday was in the high 70's and very humid in the evening. So, no fires yet.
I would like to see your pictures.
What type of stove cement do you use? Have you found any that are better than others?

I used rutland stove cement I have it in squeeze tube, caulking gun, and bulk container forms of it. Furnace . refactory. or stove cement. all of which should do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.