I'll be off line for a while

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

Well the cold weather returned and wood stoves fired up. Just got a call from the fire Dept Got to run out and investigate a situation that just occured.

elkimmeg said:
Well the cold weather returned and wood stoves fired up. Just got a call from the fire Dept Got to run out and investigate a situation that just occured.

Good luck Elk, hopefully no fatalities.

Let us know how you make out

Go get-um ole' ELKer..........................

Burning wet wood and just sticking a piece of connector pipe into the first flue without any block off plate is a no no.

Tuesday I will have to check out permits issued for the stove installation. Also I will return and inspect the chimney to see if it can be placed back into service.
At least till tuesday these people will be staying with relitives or a Holiday inn.. If the Holiday inn I hope the get some smarts.
The fire Dept and I could not determine the extent of the damage to the chimney Whether it is even usable for the existing oil boiler.
We were also wondering about damage to possible wiring in the wall above the fireplace there are two wall mount light there.

The fire dept turned off the main breaker on the pannell
The people were not at home at the time but they will be dealing with extensive smoke damage. It appears no structural damage was done.
Buy the time I got there the fire dept had removed the big fans airing it out

It's good to hear no one got hurt. I would like to hear if a permit was pulled for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.