johneh

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2009
Eastern Ontario
I have never had my stove on in June ! Untill today
Got in from working in the wood shop to find the house
At 58::F so only one thing to do
TURN THE STOVE ON It is JUNE for God sake
you would think it was APRIL 1st ;ex;ex;?;?;?
NO JOKE

Reactions: bogieb

Husky

Feeling the Heat
Nov 2, 2014
Rochester, NY
Just loaded a half bag in the hopper and fired it up.

fedtime

Feeling the Heat
Sep 13, 2009
Down East Canada
Same here in Nova Scotia. Had the stove going last night and will this evening as well as the temp dropped to 5 degrees C last night (about 40F). This is my latest burn as far as I can remember.

Snowy Rivers

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
NW Oregon
84 F yesterday, and 55 F today.

Same game here

corkman

Minister of Fire
Dec 3, 2009
SE,Mass

Attachments

Fish On

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2009
The other Cape..
Yup June 1st is a new one for me. Went fishing today and was raw and nasty.

Sad thing is my dog in avatar picture is no longer with me. Cancer robbed him of me at 5 years old. He was my toe warmer. It's only been a few days and I miss him so much it hurts.

Reactions: Mealie38

boo boo

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2012
So. NH
Burning here also. 43 on the way home with heavy rain and and walked in to a warm home. She must of plugged it back in and set her a blaze. Didn't know she knew how to do it.

The funny thing is the air conditioner went in the window May 23

boo boo

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2012
So. NH
Yup June 1st is a new one for me. Went fishing today and was raw and nasty.

Sad thing is my dog in avatar picture is no longer with me. Cancer robbed him of me at 5 years old. He was my toe warmer. It's only been a few days and I miss him so much it hurts.
Sorry to hear this fish on. that's a tough one

TimfromMA

Minister of Fire
Mar 6, 2014
Central MA
45 outside, 63 inside. We are still resisting the urge to fire up the stove.

bogieb

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2014
South Central NH
Yep, started the main floor stove on Sunday evening set to 69 and started up the basement stove last night when I got home. Basement stove is set at about 60 and wanted to work on a project down there, so warmed it up a little.

I'm in the same area as Boo Boo and the temp was 42 when I got home before 5 yesterday (was 38 when I left for work). In the 30's again this morning. Had to open another bag of pellets this morning as the Hastings had all but run out. Will probably be burning until Thursday unless we get a good amount of solar heating tomorrow.

Peterfield

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2013
New Hampshire
Got tired of the chill in the house and finally kicked on the 52i last night. Real toasty and no dampness in the house. The old bones feel good this morning.

mass_burner

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2013
SE Mass
Burning here yesterday and today, only Saturday, family had to come into the patio to escape the heat.

709GADE

Jun 26, 2014
Pasadena, NL, Canada
25 F here this morning, roofs white with frost, Piazzetta was running full force :)

kennyp2339

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
I'm holding off with the stove, was pretty chilly this morning inside, 47 and mist at 5am, gonna see what its like when I get home, maybe fire up a small load to get rid of that damp cold feeling. I know one thing though, my cat kept following me into the basement this morning, I guess she thought I was going to light up a load. Poor Yeehaw, it didn't happen.

snocross1985

Jan 7, 2014
New Hampshire
The high only got to 48 yesterday and it was 45 overnight. Lit the 25-PDVC last night after running the window ACs just last week.

Pellet-King

Minister of Fire
Nov 30, 2008
Northern Ct
Bedroom window open and ceiling fan on low last night

tiger

Feeling the Heat
Feb 3, 2014
Seabrook, MD (DC suburbs)
I still have, hmm, 10-15LB in the hopper from when I shut it off a month(?) ago and figured I'd had to scoop them out or something for the summer. Cool enough now that I might get an opportunity to burn them instead.

boo boo

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2012
So. NH
I still have, hmm, 10-15LB in the hopper from when I shut it off a month(?) ago and figured I'd had to scoop them out or something for the summer. Cool enough now that I might get an opportunity to burn them instead.
Just like my lawn mower in the fall and snow blower in the spring I run it out of fuel.

Jason845845

Feeling the Heat
Aug 11, 2014
Kingston, Ny
My wife and I walked home from a restaurant in the pouring rain last night. It felt good sitting in front of te pellet stove on full blast.