I'm at wits end! I need help, third maul split after 1/2 hour.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I bought a Razorback "Lickitty splitter"? today. It is a 12 pound steel handled monstrosity! :coolgrin: I am unsure if I can handle the weight, (I like the 6 pound tool), but if I can break this handle, I am more man then I think I am! ;-P I don't know what we are going to do for my wife, I know she won't be able to handle this heavy of a tool, but first things first, right. Maybe I'll re-handle the 6 pound maul for her to use. I will try this out and see if I can handle the 12 pound weight. One thing for sure, if I use this maul regularly, I will be one ripped out, bulging figure of a man for sure! (hey.... maybe my wife will like this tool after all? :lol: )

carpniels said:
Hi jeff,

I would not use that 2nd maul with the un-true handle. .........Just looking out for you

carpniels

Thank you, and I believe I will retire this tool. I tried it again and it wasn't near as bad as the first time, but it still laid my wrist over a time or two. I think its the wood I'm working with, I worked with it on some straight grained cottonwood, and it did OK, but as soon as I put it to some tough elm it likes to lay over. My new maul will take care of the problem I hope. Now I need to find a tool for my wife. I think I will re-handle one of the 6# mauls for her, she likes that size maul.

Status
Not open for further replies.