I'm Back...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Industry

Hearth Supporter
May 21, 2008
Central Maine
Well, I tried to update my original thread, but Necromancy is against the rules apparently. :) My previous thread is here https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/my-dilema.15882/#post-251623
anyway I ended up with an NTI TI-150 combi unit and a Huge list of problems due to an unqualified( and shady as F) installer. I'm going to use that as as Back-up to a used Wood boiler that I'm working on installing. right after i drop ANOTHER $500-$600 into the NTI.
So I bought a Memco MW-100 for next to nothing and Drove down to Gates Salvage and bought a 500G storage tank and a 120G expansion tank. Thinking about piping it like figure 7-2 from this thread https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/primary-secondary-piping-for-boilers.11837/page-3
Couple questions to start:
Anyone have a manual for an MW-100?
I'm on a slab with radiant. the memco will be in an addition on the side of my garage. It is 30ft from the boiler room, and must go above the ceiling in the garage. what kind of Piping should I run? Thanks.

What did you get for a tank? I have scrounged Gates several times and never found a useable tank.

He had a pile of 500G tanks that had Minor pitting on the outside. I don't have a brand name off hand, but it still had the plate on it. there are at least 4 more there as of saturday at 1100.

Industry,
Sorry to hear about your Ti 151 combi problems!
Feel free to give us a call or an email and we will do our best to help.
{Provide manuals, paperwork etc, and give advice and suggestions on optimal operation and setup of your boilers}

Our toll free line is 1-800-688-2575, ext 2 is for tech support
our email is [email protected] where your email will be directed to the most qualified person to answer your questions and concerns.

Again sorry to hear you are having these issues, hopefully we can help!

Regards
NTI Staff

Reactions: Industry
Industry,
Sorry to hear about your Ti 151 combi problems!
Feel free to give us a call or an email and we will do our best to help.
{Provide manuals, paperwork etc, and give advice and suggestions on optimal operation and setup of your boilers}

Our toll free line is 1-800-688-2575, ext 2 is for tech support
our email is [email protected] where your email will be directed to the most qualified person to answer your questions and concerns.

Again sorry to hear you are having these issues, hopefully we can help!

Regards
NTI Staff

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is a stand up move right here. A tip of my hat to the NTI staff.

I thought you were Scotty when I read that....

Reactions: BoilerMan
ManiacPD got me covered on the manual. Big thanks for that.
I want to thank the reps from NTI. To be clear, I don't believe that the problems I have had are a reflection on NTI having produced a poor product. My issues are related to an unqualified installer. I have a relative who has the same NTI Unit and has had zero issues. That said, I have just had the Fenwall unit, the gas valve and the thermister replaced. At a cost of $650. Anyway, the pad has been poured for my addition for the Memco. I think 1.25" pex should do what I need it to.

Reactions: NTI
Status
Not open for further replies.