I'm super jealous of this guys' stacking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane N

Feeling the Heat
Oct 16, 2012
West Central MN
My wife did give me permission to do this out back, just not up front like this :)

Taken at a nearby town:
2013-01-26_11-51-57_764 (Large).jpg 2013-01-26_11-52-02_621 (Large).jpg 2013-01-26_11-52-09_422 (Large).jpg

I showed these pictures to a friend at church and he said that the guy does that every year. Splits and stacks all summer, then burns in the winter. Now we know why he has so much wood for such a small house. Burnin' green wood

The rows sure are neat. I wonder if he runs a string across the fronts and top to get them all so even. And you're right, it dosn't look real dark or aged.

Reactions: Shane N
Snow fence made of firewood! That took someone ALOT of time to get them that perfect

Must be a good neighborhood or else someone would have to be out there 24/7 with a gun.

Ding, ding...winner!

Must be a good neighborhood or else someone would have to be out there 24/7 with a gun.

Pretty low income small town. Maybe it's the "Minnesota Nice" security system?

That sure looks nice but I bet if he's cutting and splitting in summer and burning in winter his smoke pipe don't look so nice!:eek:

I see 18 -19 sections that look like 1/3 cord each (assuming 16" split length)....so, guesstimate 6-7 cords.

Pretty low income small town. Maybe it's the "Minnesota Nice" security system?
Thats a fairly nice house with a 2 car detached garage on a big lot ,how "low" income can it be?

Reactions: red oak
Thats a fairly nice house with a 2 car detached garage on a big lot ,how "low" income can it be?

That particular person is probably above average income. The rest of the town is mostly under the poverty line. If you drive down the street any other way, it is pretty rough looking.

That particular person is probably above average income. The rest of the town is mostly under the poverty line. If you drive down the street any other way, it is pretty rough looking.
Probably worth at least 100-125K in my town and houses are cheap here. looks like alot of wood when you only stack 1 split deep. Still a good bit though.

Shane, You should save him, and introduce him to Hearth.com. You think he would fit in?

If you drive down the street any other way, it is pretty rough looking.

It can be tuff owning the nicest house on the block when it comes time to sell.:mad:

I couldnt burn that much wood in 5 years.

Shane, You should save him, and introduce him to Hearth.com. You think he would fit in?

Wish I knew the guy. He deserves a hand shake for his effort, and then a prompt visit from Dennis to educate him on dry wood ;)

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Probably worth at least 100-125K in my town and houses are cheap here. looks like alot of wood when you only stack 1 split deep. Still a good bit though.

He'd be lucky to get $75k for that house in that town. Go 10 miles north, and he could get $100k.

Kind of looks like my stacks - see avatar. The load area of each frame is 11' long x 4' high and holds approximately 3/4 cord crowned at the top. His stacks are much prettier than mine... :(

I hope those tops are covered. Looks like snow on top:rolleyes:

Very impressive

Might be tempted to talk to him,
Just too darn peffect

Status
Not open for further replies.