imperial stove polish black paste

Rob_Red

Feb 2, 2021
Southern New England
hey everyone, another thread about peeling paint got me thinking about maintaining the finish on my stove.

Has anyone used imperial stove polish? My paint is in good shape but after a full season its not like new anymore, can I give the stove a rubdown with this stuff to freshen it up? I want that like new/ uniform black finish again (ex autobody guy here I can't help it)

thanks

bholler

Chimney sweep
Staff member
Jan 14, 2014
central pa
hey everyone, another thread about peeling paint got me thinking about maintaining the finish on my stove.

Has anyone used imperial stove polish? My paint is in good shape but after a full season its not like new anymore, can I give the stove a rubdown with this stuff to freshen it up? I want that like new/ uniform black finish again (ex autobody guy here I can't help it)

thanks
Don't do it that stuff is a real pita when you go to repaint

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Way back when I used it on my Resolute, but won't use the stuff anymore. After a year the stove looked just like it did before applying the stuff.

What stove is this for Rob_Red?

Rob_Red

Feb 2, 2021
Southern New England
Way back when I used it on my Resolute, but won't use the stuff anymore. After a year the stove looked just like it did before applying the stuff.

What stove is this for Rob_Red?

This would be for my hearthstone GM40. The paint is not failing and still looks good. However I would like to keep it that way.

It seemed as if this product could be rubbed over the stove to even out/ rejuvenate the finish to keep it looking freshly painted. Based on your feedback I will avoid it.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
This would be for my hearthstone GM40. The paint is not failing and still looks good. However I would like to keep it that way.

It seemed as if this product could be rubbed over the stove to even out/ rejuvenate the finish to keep it looking freshly painted. Based on your feedback I will avoid it.
Definitely. That's paint on the stove. In a few years, when the paint gets dull a repaint will make it look like new. Take the time now to inquire with Hearthstone about what Brand and color paint they use so that you'll know what to get.