imperial stove polish black paste

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rob_Red

Feeling the Heat
Feb 2, 2021
Southern New England
hey everyone, another thread about peeling paint got me thinking about maintaining the finish on my stove.

Has anyone used imperial stove polish? My paint is in good shape but after a full season its not like new anymore, can I give the stove a rubdown with this stuff to freshen it up? I want that like new/ uniform black finish again (ex autobody guy here I can't help it)

thanks

hey everyone, another thread about peeling paint got me thinking about maintaining the finish on my stove.

Has anyone used imperial stove polish? My paint is in good shape but after a full season its not like new anymore, can I give the stove a rubdown with this stuff to freshen it up? I want that like new/ uniform black finish again (ex autobody guy here I can't help it)

thanks
Don't do it that stuff is a real pita when you go to repaint

Way back when I used it on my Resolute, but won't use the stuff anymore. After a year the stove looked just like it did before applying the stuff.

What stove is this for Rob_Red?

Way back when I used it on my Resolute, but won't use the stuff anymore. After a year the stove looked just like it did before applying the stuff.

What stove is this for Rob_Red?

This would be for my hearthstone GM40. The paint is not failing and still looks good. However I would like to keep it that way.

It seemed as if this product could be rubbed over the stove to even out/ rejuvenate the finish to keep it looking freshly painted. Based on your feedback I will avoid it.

This would be for my hearthstone GM40. The paint is not failing and still looks good. However I would like to keep it that way.

It seemed as if this product could be rubbed over the stove to even out/ rejuvenate the finish to keep it looking freshly painted. Based on your feedback I will avoid it.
Definitely. That's paint on the stove. In a few years, when the paint gets dull a repaint will make it look like new. Take the time now to inquire with Hearthstone about what Brand and color paint they use so that you'll know what to get.