Important Magnum Baby CountrySide behind the firebox cleanout?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Well we fired the stove up after a good cleaning and she was working very well. Then the Room Blower Fan Motor Gave out. I went to a local supplier who was very helpful and furnished me with a direct replacement based on the motor and assembly I brought from the unit. Now I am very confused as this unit is a single speed blower and my recollection is that the room blower on my unit slows down when the stove has reached the thermostat's preset temperature. It is connected to the pink wire as the diagram says could my outputs be shorted from the combustion motor's output? The Service people over at Lawson's in Moncton were nice enough to paint the electronic board so is very hard to see the CCT.
You help last year got me through the end of the snow season and I am very pleased with all your help. If anyone decides to do the bearing modification I have had done to mine it seems to have only a couple of small issues.
1. If you have the kids over and someone decides to bury a toy car in your pellets the auger will jam.
2. In order for the shaft to stay in place either add a spacer or as I did not want to take it apart again back out the set screw and drill a small dimple in the shaft then tork it back in. We had ours slip once and it made a grinding noise that did not do any damage but was rather annoying.

Anyone want to trade my pellet stove for a wood stove chimney?

Reactions: Cory1234
Sorry for the issues. But the technology of it and design is not very up to what the newer stoves are and have progressed to.
Your wanting to go back to a wood stove is like going back to steam power when the new cars are here and your trying to use a model T

Reactions: UNhappyMagnumOwner
Sorry for the issues. But the technology of it and design is not very up to what the newer stoves are and have progressed to.
Your wanting to go back to a wood stove is like going back to steam power when the new cars are here and your trying to use a model T

Anyone got the FASCO part number for the 2 speed room blower for the baby magnum.

I have a newer baby, 2013 model I believe and I've been reading through the posts for a while now and definitely see the importance of cleaning the horseshoe but I can't find a good explanation on measurements to drill the holes, can anyone post the measurements or a picture or video of we're at. I've only been running it for a couple weeks now(got a used one) and I think it does alright but i think it should do more on setting 3 it barley keeps the house warm except in the room where the stove is. Thank you in advanced for replying!

I agree with Scott. This is a crappy design. The stove itself works well enough (especially after mods to the burn pot suggested by Dexter Day) and it's easy to clean for the quick cleanings but the *Big* cleaning is a pain. I told Don that in the Spring after I'm done burning, I tip it over on it's side and get it clean...Easy but not practical during the burning season. I'm going to drill a cleanout hole this summer and I hope it works as well as advertised. By the way, I have heard the stories about AES and fortunately there is nothing I need from them that I can't do myself :)
Can somebody tell where to find the Dexter Day burn pot mod? This is my first time on here. My brother gave me a Magnum Baby out of a house he just purchased, the house came with 2 of the same, Baby Countryside. I like the stove, but it sure is burning cruddy., lots of unburned or half burned pellets.Tomorrow I'll take out the firebrick and clean all around. I bought a new pellet stove about 15 years ago and it ran great, but I paid about $3500. Now I can't remember the name of it. I'd like to use this one for awhile, then maybe get a new one. What would you guys buy if you went out today and bought one?
Thanks,
John

Reactions: ChandlerR

Reactions: ARC
Can somebody tell where to find the Dexter Day burn pot mod? This is my first time on here. My brother gave me a Magnum Baby out of a house he just purchased, the house came with 2 of the same, Baby Countryside. I like the stove, but it sure is burning cruddy., lots of unburned or half burned pellets.Tomorrow I'll take out the firebrick and clean all around. I bought a new pellet stove about 15 years ago and it ran great, but I paid about $3500. Now I can't remember the name of it. I'd like to use this one for awhile, then maybe get a new one. What would you guys buy if you went out today and bought one?
Thanks,
John
If you have the steel multifuel burn pot, it works better for burning corn. There is a cast iron burnpot that works better for wood pellets. Also there is an upgraded 105 CFM 1.6 amp exhaust blower with a larger impeller blade that will burn those pellets so much better.
Also make sure the jumper setting on the back of the control panel is set for wood pellets. The default is corn. See instructions below.
The Jumper should be on Pins 1&2 for wood pellets. Also check that Round White DelRon Auger bearings, they may be due for replacement. The new bearing is a better fit and lasts longer. :)

Attachments

• T-0009TechBPlacementofTri-ModeModuleChip_TMC_.pdf
    109.7 KB · Views: 93
Thanks,
John
John, the original post was in 2011. I have yet to find Dexters with pictures but this should help.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/baby-countryside-burn-pot-modifications.67905/

Hey guys new here but I have a huge issue. I bought a house with a BC-DC baby magnum countryside. i got it cleaned and working great except the board has to big black areas behind the 3 legged(2 legs used) chips and the fans do not work. does anyone know what those chips or mosfets might be? I am hoping to replace them to get the board working fully again as currently i have the fans running off a deep cell and charger with a inline boost/buck converter(12v output setting always until battery reaches 8v). ideally i would like to get it working right but i do have a backup plan of a arduino to control the stove and am about 90% done with the programming for it and the upgrade will have a LCD screen with proper error codes. but in the mean time till i get it working flawlessly and with 3 tier safety backup I would like to get this board back to operational. or if anyone has a spare for sale/trade/barter hmu!!! as these can not be purchased at all for the DC models anywhere

burnt chips not enough heat sink.jpg

Last edited: