In a pinch! England's Exhaust Blower Motor Gasket (PU-CBMG) for $2.14

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bill3rail

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2012
LI, NY
I went out looking for a replacement motor gasket or Lytherm type gasket material (Just to have on hand).

I went to four different heating supply stores, and one guy showed me the Beckett Flange Mounting gasket.
beckett_5432_lg.jpg

408103871.jpg

With a minimal amount of trimming, this gasket can be made to fit.
The inside diameter is smaller than the motor gasket punch out from my old gasket.
I did not have the motor off to mark and cut the bolt holes or outside diameter.

If I need to remove my motor at 0300, I can finish the gasket cutting and get the stove running.

Total Cost...$2.14 plus some time to cut out the circles and bolt holes. Maybe three minutes to cut the ID, OD and bolt holes.

I understand there are millions (Maybe billions) of Beckett burners in use, which would bring down the cost to under $2.00 per gasket. England's Stoves maybe not that many, with hopes of becoming more common than the Beckett Burners.

Bill

P.S. While I was searching, I found some leads on replacement motors, if I decide to have a spare on hand.
I'll wait until spring tear down/cleaning to get a spare motor for the shelf.

P.P.S. How is this for Irony, I was watching Extreme Cheapskates on TV while typing this out...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.