In search of the perfect stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Polar Bear - nice style but I'd never get the cleaning done. Cheap drunk;lol Hope you clean the stove at night ...

From what I have seen on some of the zoning by-laws in Thunder Bay, the reason for the distance is to avoid well contamination from animal feces. Case in point is Walkerton, ON with 7 dead and 2300 sick due e-coli contamination of town well with cow manure.
https://www.peelregion.ca/pw/waterstory/pdf/walkerton-tragedy.pdf
Is it the area where animals are kept is 250' away or the whole farm?

I found one of the related articles just as interesting - destruction of medical plants in an owners yard. City of Tulsa destroyed her plants in violation of a court order to cease .... stevia (diabetic), strawberries, grapes, chives, garlic, etc. Problem seems to be most of her yard was a garden. http://www.naturalnews.com/036234_edible_landscaping_medicinal_plants_Tulsa.html

well guys, I had a Sabrina from Piazzetta for two years and now a P962 and the cleaning is so ease to do and because I also sale them, I have made a small video; taking time to turn the camera around and explained the whole process it takes me 6 minutes to clean; ash, grate glass and refill the stove if I wait for it to start back and have a flame back on well then 13 min. and this every 4 to 5 days so when it comes to talk about the cleaning I recommend remembering why most of the customer go for Pellets stove !? cause it's cheap to run, if I had money to burn I'd go for gas all you have to do is pay pay pay.... and pay. and pay again lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.