Midwest (OH, IL, IN, WI, MI, IA) In stock in SE Michigan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SidecarFlip

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Tractor Supply, Michigan Hardwood, 212 a ton picked up and no tax.

Tractor Supply, Michigan Hardwood, 212 a ton picked up and no tax.
That's a good price! Best price I've found by me is Cozi Heat, by Sugarcreek Shavings in Strasburg Ohio. A hardwood, $215 a ton plus tax, cash or check only. Haven't tried them yet. Will be grabbing a ton this week. Will report on them when I get them.

Been running Michigan Hardwood, Lignetics or Somerset for years but the last 2 years it's been Michigan Hardwood. and the price has remained pretty constant over that time as well. I believe that has a lot to do with cheap NG and propane around here. People in general would much rather heat hands off that deal with a biomass stove. I go 3-1 with pellets and my own grown and dried field corn. I actually prefer corn and my unit can be programmed for corn only but, with 100% 12% or less field corn there is the ever present clinker issue so I mix pellets with it to eliminate the clinkers.

Picked up a backup ton 2 days ago. Same price as the first time and they must have 70 ton in stock in Dundee, Michigan