Inexpensive pellet insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

great balls of fire

Feb 2, 2013
East Fishkill, NY
hello everyone Im looking to put an insert in my existing fire place .Does anyone have feed back on the us stove company 6041 pellet stove or the Breckwell maverick p22 insert pellet stove?I have 1000sq foot i need to heat in my basement.I have a harman p 43 upstairs in the main living area and i absolutely love that stove.A dealer near me said that i would not be happy with a cheaper pellet stove because i had a very good stove already.does this make sense to anyone? I was even thinking about going with a wood stove because it was cheaper then a pellet stove but i really dont want to be married to a wood stove.I hear they are a lot off work.Any thoughts would be appreciated . Rob

I have a 6041. If I had it to do over again I would get something else. It's a tinkerers stove. Lots of fit and finish issues. It does blow heat. But it ain't going to be like your P-43.

Have you looked at the refurb Englander units from AMFM Energy? Less money than a new 6041 and good manufacturer support. I have zero experience with ESW products, but folks here seem to like them and Mike (one of their support techs) shows up here quite often.

http://www.amfmenergy.com/55trpepi--epa-certified-pellet-insert--2000552000.html

The bad thing about the Englander is that your openning has to be 36 inch wide. I asked about just a regular Englander if it would work with out the base and I still waiting for a responds. Because if it would work you could just push it in about 12 inches since it only 26 inches wide (floor model)

I have a Breckwell 22 insert and I'm happy with it. So far I've burned 7 tons threw it since I installed it last year. This Saturday the augar motor let go but that not Breckwell fault since half the stoves use the same motor. New one arriving Monday. The stove is very EZ to work on and it heats my down stairs to about 75 F.

If you have the P-43? Then why not look at the P-35i? It's a heck of an insert and is a "Top Shelf unit" .

Quad makes a few nice inserts with good reviews. The CB1200i is a damn good stove.

You get what you pay for. After owning a Harman, you should venture up and out. IMO. Don't look down or back.

Keep and eye out on local ads and CL. The most of the heating season is over and there is and will be good stoves for sale as people move etc. Just got done cleaning a very nice stove used less than 2 seasons that I got Off CL for less than 10 percent of recommended retail. Unless you need it right now let your fingers find a good stove that the savings will pay for years of pellets.

wow thanks for the quick feed back. the englander looks like a nice stove and the price looks good to but i have a 32 inch opening. bummer.as for the p35i thats probably more expensive than the p43 i did not want to spend that type of money to heat a smaller space. I'm trying to save a few bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.