Inferno Gold Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2013
Southern NH
Just came back from my local Tractor Supply Co. store and they have Inferno Gold Premium pellets. The bag says they are a softwood blend. Does anyone have any experience with these pellets? I have burned Inferno pellets in the past and they wern't very good, but I do not know about Inferno Gold. Any help would be great. Thanks

nice stove :p

yeah, i would find something else.... ANYTHING else. lol

First year, everybody referred to MWP as "dirt in a bag" ............... I've been burning them since 2010 ............

The first few runs of MWP were a bit iffy that was for certain, along about spring of 2010 they got a better handle on their process and blend formula. Much, much better these days.

I'd try a couple of bags of those inferno golds first to see if they have changed, otherwise use them as a driveway friction aid.

FWIW, I burned some 2008 and 2009 MWP and the dirt in a bag sure seems about the right description, one could always check with Sparkydog. MWP has been my go to pellet. In total I've burned 22 tons of MWP and currently have 12 ton of them in the bunker.

The first few runs of MWP were a bit iffy that was for certain, along about spring of 2010 they got a better handle on their process and blend formula. Much, much better these days.

I'd try a couple of bags of those inferno golds first to see if they have changed, otherwise use them as a driveway friction aid.

FWIW, I burned some 2008 and 2009 MWP and the dirt in a bag sure seems about the right description, one could always check with Sparkydog. MWP has been my go to pellet. In total I've burned 22 tons of MWP and currently have 12 ton of them in the bunker.

That's my point, Smokey, I'd try some of the Infernos ................

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Twelve tons? That... is quite a stash of fuel. How many do you burn a year?

I burn roughly 5 ton a season. In addition to the 12 ton of MWP, I have 27 bags of Cubex and 75 bags of LGs, or in other words the stash is 14 ton 2 bags plus a full hopper.

That's my point, Smokey, I'd try some of the Infernos ................

I would just for giggles but given their track record it wouldn't be more than a couple of bags. Would hate to buy a ton and then use it for winter traction when the town has a residents sand pile.

I burn roughly 5 ton a season. In addition to the 12 ton of MWP, I have 27 bags of Cubex and 75 bags of LGs, or in other words the stash is 14 ton 2 bags plus a full hopper.

So you're sitting on a three-year supply?

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

i've burned MWP and infernos.
mwp aren't that bad.
infernos are absolute crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.