Info on Kingsman wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dillon306

Dec 29, 2017
Saskatchewan
Hi there, I recently bought a new to me Kingsman wood stove. On the tag it says the model is a “Village Squire”. It’s 30” wide and 22” deep across the top of the stove. Its in very nice condition but I can’t find any information online. I’d like some more information before I install it in my basement, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi there, I recently bought a new to me Kingsman wood stove. On the tag it says the model is a “Village Squire”. It’s 30” wide and 22” deep across the top of the stove. Its in very nice condition but I can’t find any information online. I’d like some more information before I install it in my basement, any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Have any pics? I wonder if it's anything like my old Kingsman smoke dragon...

full?d=1514686131.jpg
Have any pics? I wonder if it's anything like my old Kingsman smoke dragon...

It is an old innefficent tank of a stove it will crank out tons of heat but it will chew through wood like crazy if run at proper temps. Or will make an absolute mess of the chimney if shut back to hard.
Thanks for the info, I got it pretty cheap so if I can get a few winters of use out of it I’ll be happy

Thanks for the info, I got it pretty cheap so if I can get a few winters of use out of it I’ll be happy
It should last a long time unless you really abuse it. Like i said they are tanks. What chimney will it be hooked to? Has it been inspected?

It should last a long time unless you really abuse it. Like i said they are tanks. What chimney will it be hooked to? Has it been inspected?
I haven’t got the chimney yet. I’m planning on using it in my basement so I’ll have about 5 feet of single wall stove pipe. Then transitioning to insulated chimney to go through my main floor and straight up through the ceiling and the roof. I believe the brand of chimney was Selkirk. I haven’t really shopped around to look at other brands of chimney

Yep, that's just like mine, except mine doesn't have that convection deck on top (or at least what I'm assuming is some sort of convection deck). Just like any old smoke dragon, she will eat up your firewood and belch out the heat.
I’m curious to see how the tubes through the top of the inside of the stove help transfer heat with the fan. Hopefully I can get it install in the next week or so

Is that a 6" or 8" flue collar? The reason I ask is that you maybe making a costly mistake hooking that stove up. Class A chimney pipe is very expensive and if you have to install 8" for that stove then you are really limiting your choices when you decide to upgrade after feeding that monster all the time. Also please consider adding a flue damper, stove top thermometer and a single wall pipe thermometer, keep that stove between 500 - 600 deg for the cleanest burn possible. A make sure you have a lot of wood.

Is that a 6" or 8" flue collar? The reason I ask is that you maybe making a costly mistake hooking that stove up. Class A chimney pipe is very expensive and if you have to install 8" for that stove then you are really limiting your choices when you decide to upgrade after feeding that monster all the time. Also please consider adding a flue damper, stove top thermometer and a single wall pipe thermometer, keep that stove between 500 - 600 deg for the cleanest burn possible. A make sure you have a lot of wood.

It’s an 8” collar, and yes I was planning on using a chimney damper. What’s the best location for that damper? Like closer to the stove or further up the chimney? It’s in my basement so I have about 60” between the top of the stove to the bottom of the floor joists. Or would it not make much difference?