Insert adapter boot. Can I install it with insert in fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mooman

Nov 19, 2012
I have an insert that only has 3 in of clearance between top of insert and fireplace opening. I need to install something like this

http://www.rockfordchimneysupply.co...pg&cap=Rectangle to Round Insert Adapter Boot

Would it be possible to install the boot outside the fireplace, remove the boot then reattach the boot again inside the firplace using a socket wrench? I iwould be using the self tapping screws that seem to be used with this insert (buck stove). Seems like it would work but I have little experience with self tapping screws and plate steel.

Yes that would work. I would definitely pre-drill the holes before the insert is in place in the fireplace. But yes a boot like that will work. Just make sure you buy the right size for your insert.

Status
Not open for further replies.