Insert Shopping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

IHMan

Oct 21, 2010
CT
Started a search for a gas insert. Mendota far and away best features, just too expensive.
The Chaska 29 suits my needs and appears to be well made. Also considering Heat N Glow
Supreme 25 and the Regency HR 14E Any suggestions?

My suggestion is to visit a couple of different hearth shops & see what they offer.
Bring your fireplace dimensions with you. Also bring a pic of what your
existing fireplace looks like from across the room. See how they look
& sound when the blower's on. Play with the remote. That's the only way to find out.
That being said, The Heat n Glo Supreme-25insert is very small.
How big of a room do you want to heat?
I see HNG units on a daily basis. They work well. The remotes are pretty user friendly.
I don't hear the Service Techs griping about any problems with them,
& I haven't had ANY in the shop for repairs
Anything else I can help with?

Thanks Daksy, the room is 450 sq ft with a cathedral ceiling Supreme 30 would be better.
So far I like the Kozy Heat Chaska 29

As a guess do most of the mid price range stoves use the same gas valves? Assuming most of the manufacturers
use some off the shelf components when they build a stove. In your opinion who uses the best valve with auto ignition,
Regency, Kozy Heat, Heat n' Glow, Enviro, or Real Fyre