rloeser Posted By rloeser, Dec 12, 2005 at 4:45 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rloeser

    New Member 2.

    Dec 8, 2005
    The following web page: had an article with the following information:

    Recently, a new breed of Gas Inserts have been developed that do not need a chimney liner. These units are built to be less efficient than the regular inserts, therefore throwing a bit more heat up the chimney. The chimney can therefore draft well without needing a liner. This new breed of inserts sell for $900 to $1300 and include blowers and glass doors as standard equipment. Installation involves slipping the unit into the fireplace and connecting a gas line--- around $200. to $300. in most areas.

    I’m intrigued by this “new breed”, but I don’t know how to go about searching for this type of insert? Is there a generic name that is used to reference this “new breed”? Can anyone recommend a make/model in this category or provide any additional detail that will allow me to search for these?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page