ColdNorCal Posted By ColdNorCal, Jul 5, 2019 at 9:25 PM

1. ColdNorCal

ColdNorCal
    Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 6, 2018
    Loc:
    Nor Cal
    My current homeowners insurance raised rates ~40%. No doubt its due to all the fires in California last year. After a few phone calls I found the same coverage and at last years rate. I was happy with that and paid the money. A couple weeks later the new insurance company requested pics of my stove and put the insurance account as pending. Per their request I emailed them pics of the front, both sides, inside the fireplace where the wood stove flu goes into the existing chimney and the chimney pipe on the top of the roof.

The last few days were a bit stressful waiting for the Underwriters response. Fortunately, today the insurance company responded with a Reinstatement Notice.

Thank you all again for your help and guidance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Glad it worked out ok. It's another reason to meet or exceed all requirements.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. fire_man

fire_man
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 6, 2009
    Loc:
    North Eastern MA
    I understand your stress with insurance companies.

Years ago I had a huge increase in my homeowner policy because they started surcharging homes further than 500 feet from a fire hydrant. I contacted another Insurance company, explained the exact reason I was switching, and they quoted me a favorable rate. Two months later my new rates skyrocketed again since I was -- wait for it--- more than 500 feet from a hydrant <>.