Install Questions???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeLikeUmFire

Sep 17, 2009
Lapeer, Michigan
I have a Regency R-14 I will be installing in a week. Just dropped the 25' liner today. Questions:

1. Looks like I might need either a off-set or a 45* coming out of the stove to make the connection to the liner. Opinions on which is better (off-set or 45*)?

2. I am going to put in a block off plate. What material should I use or is most easily worked with? Do the plates just set there (like the old damper) or do I need to screw them in/caulk them in? How much rockwool to use?

3. My fire blanket was all tore up...need a new one. What size do I get? Large enough to cover baffle?

4. Will mill-pak give off any fumes if I use it to seal connections @ the stove?

Thanks everyone, Itching to get this baby in.

Status
Not open for further replies.