installed an OAK,,,,now a question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CTguy9230

Feeling the Heat
Nov 22, 2011
Northwest CT
i installed an OAK on my 25-pdv as per the manual
now it feels to me that i,m not getting the same amount
of heat out of it that i was before the OAK was installed

is this possible ????

I guess anything is possible, but in general I'd say no. Try taking some temp measurements with a candy thermometer or something similar, and then disconnect the OAK from the back of the stove. That should tell the tale.

thats what i,m gonna try tonight and see what happens...

i,m new to this pellet thing but i really cant see where the OAK
would make a differance...as far as temps go

Don't forget to post the results....I'm curious what you find out. I normally would say that the OAK might make a hotter fire, since you're using colder, denser air (contains more oxygen), but who knows.

Have you changed pellets since the OAK install? Also a stove will produce lower temps after it gets some ash accumulation inside. The convection temps are affected by this. The big difference is gonna be how much warmer the farther parts of your house are (drafty/leaky points in the outer rooms).

IS the OAK the same size as the inlet on the stove? I'm just wondering if its restricting the inlet air.

the Oak kit came with the stove...its a 2 1/2 inch flex tube

yes i,m burning the same pellets...stove chow

i will say that i dont feel a small draft near the floor since i
installed the OAK but it just seems like the stove isnt putting
out the same amount of heat

i,m gonna grab a infared thermometer from work tomorrow
then check the temp with and without it hooked up

Status
Not open for further replies.