Installing a liner for stove through rectagular opening

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

acesneights1

Hearth Supporter
Oct 18, 2008
North East CT
I want to install my stove in our new house and the opening where the damper was is not 6” so I need to get the liner past this opening. I know they make a 5’ section of oval to round liner but how would I go back to round ? My Jotul has a round opening.it is a single story ranch and I want to sit the stove in front of the existing fireplace and go up the existing flue.

Attachments

• Installing a liner for stove through rectagular opening
    78064224-56F4-483E-8371-910B1FF330C2.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 59
Sorry the pic is so bad. It has a pillow stuffed innthe hole right now where a pellet stove I think once went ou. The damper is missing. They had made block off plates

Sorry the pic is so bad. It has a pillow stuffed innthe hole right now where a pellet stove I think once went ou. The damper is missing. They had made block off plates
Cut it out so you can go through the damper with round