Installing aftermarket blower to Heat n Glo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hawkeyedude1989

Feb 8, 2022
Minnesota
Hi there, first time poster. I'm looking to add a blower to Heat n GLo SL7 fireplace. The ignitor is controlled by a wall switch and has a junction box under the insert. I'm learning that it's not as simple as plugging the blower into the "fan outlet" on the box. I purchased the AC infinity Airblaze 14" for added flow, but have a feeling I may need to buy the GFK 160 kit. Anyone know how to wire the fan outlet to run the blower?

Thank you

You need to add a rheostat that is designed for use & comes with the GFK-160 kit. His incorporates a snap disk so that the blower will not actuate until the fire box gets hot. If you find a local Heat & Glo Dealer, you may be able to get the rheostat, wiring & snap disk for free. When the blower kits are added to units with remotes, the controller kit is not used. The wiring diagram is included with the kit & should be available at the H&G website.

Reactions: clancey