Installing flue,what do I need. Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ymurf

Jan 8, 2012
Missouri
I finally got my ceramic blanket and fiber board in and should have everything now to get the quadrafire 7100 set in place.I forgot to ask the guy at the fireplace store about my flue and he is 50 miles from here. The first pic is of my flue system I am using. Its the double wall air cooled flue.Next two pics are of my new addition ceiling.The roofers put the part on the roof the flue goes through so all I have to do is cut the hole. What do I need to do or buy for where the flue goes through the trusses. Its a 3/12 pitch cathedral ceiling. Going to be putting bat insulation in the ceiling.Someone said something about building a chase but not quite sure what they meant. The guy I bought all this from just had flue through his roof but Not sure what he had where it went through the trusses.
100_0590.jpg

100_0656.jpg

100_0657.jpg

My suggestion is to find the brand name on the pipe and get a copy of the installation guide. Another possibility to to hire a stove installer who is familiar with Class A pipe installs to help/guide you.

Below is a diagram for Metalbestos Class A, I'm not sure what you have.

metalbestosClassA.gif

Make sure you adhere to a clearance to combustible numbers. Once you have the installation guide feel free to as questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.