Installing Skytech 3301P on M55 FS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbyCha

Oct 23, 2014
New Hampshsire
Hi All,

I'm hoping for help (again)!

I need super simple instructions for installing the Skytech3301P on our M55 FS. I've read a bunch of articles here but I'm not getting it. All posts say it's a breeze to install but I'm not sure what to connect where.

I thought my that I'd be all set after figuring out the damn mag but here we go again!

Does anyone have the patience to give me a play by play? I'd be soooo appreciative.

Thanks!

My insert has two red wires upper right back corner area, these get connected to the two wires from the wireless receiver. The red wires are probably bundled up and tucked in, with a jumper between. The receiver needs to be located where it will not overheat, or it will shut off. Follow the Skytech directions for learning to the remote

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 179
In the crappy picture I posted, you can make out the red thermostat wires. I don't think it matters which wire is connected to which

Thank you, Bill!

My problem is that the wires/plugs from the thermostat will not fit into the ports on the stove. They are too big. Thinking maybe I can pull the ones from the thermostat that came with the stove (wired) and replace the ones on the thermostat.

Did yours fit out of the box or did you need to retrofit?

My dealer installed mine, so I'm not sure what the ends of the receiver wired looked like before. The insert doesn't have the plug in mount, my wires were just a standard female spade connector. Not sure if the dealer had to crimp on new male spades or if it worked out of the box. There should have been a jumper wire in your ports, what do the ends of those wires look like compared to the tstat? Can you take a picture? Or you could just cut the ends off the wires that came with the stove tstat and splice them with crimp connections onto the skytech receiver wires

Here is a pic of the insert wires from my manual

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 144
Yes, I have those two red wires too. I think I just figured it out. I had to snip part of the plugs from thermostat off. They had this piece that bent over and it was making them too thick. I had to unbend and cut those off. Now they fit. Hope it doesn't matter which goes into which hole. My husband is at work so I think I'll leave this alone now for him to do the rest. It was driving me insane. Can't thank you enough, Bill!

Thank you, Husky! I actually read your post earlier today but with zero electrical skills, I couldn't understand it. Now that I figured out I needed to pull out that part and clip it off (Break off the male portion of one Skytech control module lead (doesn't matter which one), preserving the female plug), it makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.