Instant Heat pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sparklow

Sep 4, 2008
North-central CT
My regular supplier is offering a pre-season price on Instant Heat brand pellets. I've used Dry Creek brand for the last two seasons and I liked them but supplier isn't carrying them anymore. So, is Instant Heat a reasonable alternative? I hate to have tons of a poor pellet!

I had Instant Heat pellets a couple of seasons ago. They were fine. Who knows what this year's crop will be like? It's a crap shoot with any pellets, IMO. Buy a few bags and try them out before buying in quantity, I suggest.

Reactions: sparklow
I had Instant Heat pellets a couple of seasons ago. They were fine. Who knows what this year's crop will be like? It's a crap shoot with any pellets, IMO. Buy a few bags and try them out before buying in quantity, I suggest.

Unfortunately, the middle of summer is not the ideal time to determine the quality of pellets.