Insulated liner and back off plate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orenn89

Dec 14, 2014
Central Ct
Quick question. About to cut the hole in my back off plate for my liner for my insert installation. Should i cut a hole large enough to get the liner insulation through the back off plate or leave the last foot of the liner uninsulated and just cut a 6 inch hole?
Also, when i use a back off plate to seal the fireplace, i don't need to seal around the face plate between the fire place opening and stove, correct?

Should i cut a hole large enough to get the liner insulation through the back off plate or leave the last foot of the liner uninsulated and just cut a 6 inch hole?

leave the last foot or so uninsulated

Also, when i use a back off plate to seal the fireplace, i don't need to seal around the face plate between the fire place opening and stove, correct?
correct

Status
Not open for further replies.