Insulated liner questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BrownT10

Burning Hunk
Jun 1, 2021
Massachusetts
I have read through some of the liner threads but looking to get some information. I have an exterior masonry chimney that is over sized and has been ok with the new 6" stove but I know that is really should be insulated. I would suspect the stove would run better and better function with less buildup in the flue.

That said, I will need probably a 30' kit but this is not a DIY job. I may need to break the clay tiles depending on manufacturer dimensions. What product would you guys recommend? I was looking at the Hybrid Flex 316L which I believe is solid wall, which I think I would prefer for ease of cleaning. Thoughts?

I also got a rough price of $5k to do this, that seems high to me, as it seems I could buy that liner for $1,200 or so.

Hybrid is a good liner but you really don't need 316 304 is all you need for wood. And yes 5k is on the high side. Unless there are complicating factors

Good to know. Not overly complicated, but will likely need to break out clay times and replace 8" class A thimble and tee with a 6". I am sure that stainless tee is costly.

Good to know. Not overly complicated, but will likely need to break out clay times and replace 8" class A thimble and tee with a 6". I am sure that stainless tee is costly.
You could just run 6" stainless through the 8" and tees are not that costly