Insulating Liner???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Ryan

Hearth Supporter
Mar 17, 2008
Long Island NY
Is it recommended that i insulate the liner? The chimney is only 8 years old and in perfect condition.

I'll be installing a Woodstock Fireview into a 12x12 terracotta flue with only about 11' of flue.

Thanks

That's a short flue with plenty of room so I would be inclined to insulate the liner to improve draft, especially if this is an exterior chimney.

I'm insulating my liner so it drafs better.

Thanks Begreen :)

Insulate it, IMO, it is worth the time and $$. I have a short flu as well and it made a difference. (but I don't get any complaints!) :) KD

Wouldn't hurt to add a 4' section of rigid out the top of that set up.

What is the best type of insulation to get? Has anyone ever used Rockwool or Mineralwool? And can i get only 12' instead of the whole kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.